This soup is one of my favorite clean eating recipes.
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed.
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 sweet onion cut into chunks
- 1 c carrots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 carton low sodium chicken stock(I buy organic because it is similar in price to non organic)
- Sea salt
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBS Coconut cream (the cream inside canned coconut milk)
Add all veggies to a pot or crockpot. Cover with chicken stock. Add water until there is enough liquid to boil (you can add more salt if the lower sodium isn’t your thing!).
- Boil on medium for 35 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Blend in a blender until smooth.
- Add sea salt, coconut cream, and pumpkin seeds.
- Dip grilled cheese(2 slices wheat bread and one slice mozzarella cheese) in soup and enjoy!
This doesn’t have a ton of flavor due to the low sodium broth. I like to add sea salt to the top so it doesn’t need a ton. If you stir in the salt the flavor will be lost. You can try adding different spices and using this as a base.
Hope you like it!