Here is a healthier alternative to the classic dishes offered on Cinco De Mayo to help you stay on track with your fitness goals without missing out on flavor!
- Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 packet Frontera taco seasoning (pictures below)
- Canned pinto or black beans
- Fresh sliced tomato
- Pineapple salsa of choice
- Greek yogurt
- Multigrain tortilla chips (I buy the food should taste good brand)
- Green leaf lettuce
- Fresh lime
- Optional: onion, cilantro
- Brown turkey in skillet and drain excess fat
- Add 1/2 frontera taco seasoning and heat for 1 minute.
- Chop lettuce into strips and squeeze with fresh lime juice.
- Stack 2 C. lettuce, 1/4 C. Pinto beans, 1/2 C. Seasoned browned turkey, Fresh tomato, 2 Tbsp. pineapple salsa, 5 Multigrain tortilla chips, and 1-2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix together and enjoy!
This combo is one of my favorites. I LOVE how much flavor and volume there is without the heavy calorie count.
Calories per serving
- 1/2 C. Seasoned browned turkey (fat drained) -135 calories
- 1/4 C. Pinto beans-60 calories
- Tomato slices- 6 calories
- 2 C. Lettuce- 12 calories
- 2 Tbsp. Salsa- 15 calories
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt- 16 calories
- 5 multigrain tortilla chips- 70 calories
- TOTAL: around 325
If you are using my meal charts found in my 28-day meal plan geared toward results, here is the breakdown:
- Grains- Chips: 70 calories
- Protein/Dairy- Turkey, beans, yogurt: 221 calories
- Veggies- Lettuce, tomato: 18 calories
- Sanity/Flavorings- Salsa: 15 calories
Hope you love this as much as I do!